Andersons Man Cave

Andersons Man Cave
Entrance to the cave

Thursday 20 August 2015

Flashing ditch lights for your GT46C-ACe

Hi all,

With Auscision's recent release of the GT46C-ACe class locomotives I thought I'd put up a bit of a tutorial (information gathered thanks to Mike Walters from DCCSound) on how to get the ditch lights to alternate with the horn button on DCC. Bit of a disclaimer first, I do not take any responsibility for any damage caused to your loco or DCC chip/system especially if something goes kapoot or catches fire, however I highly doubt that will happen if you follow the instructions to the letter ;)

First things first. Out of the box the GT46 was meant to have this feature pre-programmed into the circuit board however it doesn't work out so well and you end up with this photo here...


What you're seeing is F0 selected for the headlights and F1 selected for the ditchlights. Problem is only one works, and when you press F2 the ditchlight on the long hood end turns on. So I needed a fix, and thankfully Mike helped me out! Please keep in mind that I have fitted my GT46's with LokPilot decoders and do not know if it will work with other brand of decoders. Also I have performed all of this on my Digitrax system using OPS programming on the mainline (same method you'd use for changing the CV's for speed matching). So how do you do it? The following CV's need to be changed in exactly this order, reading left to right. 

CV31 = 16, 
CV32 = 2
----------------------
CV394 =  20
CV396 = 128
CV410 =  40
CV412 = 128

CV32 = 3
----------------------
CV426 =  20
CV442 =  40

CV32 = 0
----------------------
CV275 =   9
CV279 =   2
CV291 =   9
CV295 =   3
CV283 =   9
CV287 =   2
CV299 =   9
CV303 =   3

If you've entered these correctly, your new functions will be:
F1 = Headlights and marker lights On/Off
F2 = Enables flashing ditchlights
F11 = Ditchlights On/Off

These are directional, so will work both ways. The end product should look something like this:



We're yet to receive our TT/LDP/SSR's so I'm unsure if the problem has been fixed since the SCT was released in March, however I doubt it has and so this tutorial applies to those models as well. If theres any questions please feel free to leave a comment, and any constructive criticism on how to do this differently or improve them would be greatly appreciated!

Till next time! 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting this information up. I am working on two of these locos for a friend. I had the same issue.
    What CV can be changed to have the ditch lights on and not flashing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had great success using this method with an NCE system. The following works very well.

    Headlight button = Headlights and marker lights On/Off
    F2 = Enables/Disables flashing ditchlights
    F11 = Ditchlights On/Off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this only work on a esu sound dcc decoder or does it work on a non sound one

    ReplyDelete